Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Knitting Socks

I love knitting socks.  I love the yarns, watching the patterns appear and the impact a verigated yarn has on the pattern and vice versa, I love wearing hand knit socks.  I just love knitting socks.  But, there have been times where I have gotten tired of knitting socks.  I have never left an orphan sock, but I've been close.  I do enjoy the two at a time method.  It's been quite awhile since I've worked on socks.  September to be exact.  I stopped to work on Christmas knitting, then other things grabbed my attention recently.  So, I picked up a pair of hybernating socks and again became hooked.

I finished a pair yesterday, went to the mailbox to find this:

 It's from Winding River Yarns' Harry Potter yarn club.  What timing!  So, I quickly wound it into two cakes and this morning cast on for Melissa Morgan-Oakes' Tuscany socks.  I have time today to wait for my father to have a medical test so I can work on this or the little (for now) scrap yarn blanket I'm making with remnants of socks.  I'll post about that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment