Friday, January 21, 2011

KAL and other exciting things...

The flu and life have had the best of me for the last few days, but I'm back up and going and so excited about a couple of things.

First, a wonderful group on Ravelry.com, called Knitting and Tea and Cookies, is starting a knit-along in February.  We are actually making a hat designed by the group's leader, Mary Keenan.  I've already made a couple of her designs and they are great.  So, I went out today and purchased yarn to make the hat, a scarf, and convertible mittens.  The yarn is Noro Silk and is really beautiful.

The second bit of excitement was waiting on my porch when I returned home.  It's a new book by Kathleen Taylor called Fearless Fair Isle Knitting.  I am so excited to look through it, but really terrified to make most of the projects!


Isn't it beautiful!  I'm off to read and plan.

1 comment: